Thursday 21 February 2013

Treasured Memories-Sketchbook 365 Challenge

Hi All

Had a busy couple of days. Yesterday I went to Lichfield and saw some old friends which was lovely. We had a good old giggle and it was nice to walk around the town where we used to spend so much time when we were younger! Then today I have had a bit of a baking day! Another thing on my 30 before 30 list was to make bread from scratch....which I have done! Took a long time but wasn't as hard as I thought....although I haven't tasted it yet! It looks nice and smells nice so will have some for tea and then make a final judgement!! Also made some scones, mini meat pies and cake. Yum!

However, back to the point of this post! On Tuesday night I had a go at completing the Sketchbook 365 March Challenge.....first time so please be gentle! I chose to use one of my favourite pictures from our wedding as it holds a 'treasured memory' which is journalled on my page. Even though I have puffy red eyes due to just having been in tears, I love this picture and thought it was perfect for the challenge this month. Here is my attempt!! I have tried to include all of the elements, using a silver and white tone to go with my background paper. I really enjoyed using the sketch, definitely one I will use again.



Hope you have all had a good few days. Thanks for looking!

Hugs
Arline
xx

4 comments:

  1. Special page - great take on the sketch and really stylish color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous LO for such a special occasion. Thank you for taking part:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one special page - how nice that you chose a sketchbook365 sketch as your starting point :) I love that pretty background and the soft colour scheme which shows off your photo perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty page and a great use of the sketch! I love the colour palette too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete